The 35mm Adventure Continues

I spent the entire weekend with only the Fujifilm Finepix X100, which was an old, 4 years old camera, but at the same time, it was rather new to me. As I have mentioned in my previous blog entry the main reason I acquired this camera is to take the 35mm focal length more seriously, and push myself further in getting comfortable and be able to work with 35mm. 

It is work in progress and I do not expect immediate results. However I must say I enjoy using the Fuji X100 tremendously, and I can understand how so many photographers are emotionally attached to it. Despite all the disadvantages of the old camera, having slower autofocus, laggy camera general operations, having less Megapixels, etc, I still find myself able to forgive all that, and just focus on shooting. I have slowed down my shooting process and put more thoughts in my composition, before I clicked the shutter button. 

As usual, I shall share images from my latest shutter therapy session.

Three Chairs



The Box

Back Alley

A Curious boy

Leaning Man

Hanging Out

Take the Plunge

Different Shades of Red

Red Door

Black Cat

Five Foot Way

I was joined by Calvin!!

A Weekend is not complete without an expensive cup of coffee

Roasted Chicken with Egg, sandwiched by Brinjals

Long Morning Conversations

I attended the KLPA (Kuala Lumpur Photography Awards) Presentation ceremony. 

Spontaneous reaction when I pointed my camera to Vignes (the dude in black), the organizer of the coming Obscura Photography festival happening in Penang in mid-week of August 2015. 

Alvin Lau, whom I shoot regularly with on the streets, won 'Best Asian" Photographer prize.
Congratulations man!

A group photo of the winners of KLPA 2015. I shot from the side so I did not get in the way of the press/media photographers. 

It was a full house, quite a huge photography event for KL. Great seeing so many familiar faces!


Related Posts

The 35mm Adventure Continues
4/ 5
Oleh